The best of the best?
We’ve got them right here, of course,
It’s Varsity Letters’ weekly Top 10 Performances of the Week in B.C. High School Football. First off, apologies on my part for missing an exceptional performance! Consider this one a plug-in tie at any number you see fit! St. Thomas More’s Sam Steele had 10 tackles including four sacks in his team’s 28-0 win over Kelowna.
- ELI HELMS-NORTON— In the same game in which the Belmont star took the opening-kickoff 90 yards to the house, he also finished with 142 yards on just three receptions, including touchdowns of 52 and 85 yards in the Bulldogs 25-9 upset win over No. 5 Vancouver College.
- JADEN SEVERY — Playing just the first half, the Terry Fox Grade 11 running back rushed for 273 yards and five touchdowns in a 79-0 win against Abbotsford’s W.J. Mouat Hawks.
- MICHAEL CALVERT — The most prolific offensive force in B.C. high school football went 25-of-32 for 381 yards and five touchdowns to lead South Delta to a 39-12 win over North Vancouver’s Carson Graham Eagles. He also rushed for 89 yards and one touchdown.
- TYSON PHILPOT — Caught three touchdown passes from quarterback Josh Haydu, and rushed for two others, leading the Seaquam Seahawks to a 35-15 win over Notre Dame.
- TYLER ECKERT — The St. Thomas More senior rushed 17 times for 120 yards and one touchdown, and from his defensive end spot, collected four sacks in a 28-0 win over Kelowna.
- DEREK BEST — The Lord Tweedsmuir running back rushed 13 times for 172 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Panthers to a 48-0 road win against Kelowna’s Mt. Boucherie Bears.
- RYERSON WALLACE — In a tight, low-scoring game, the West Vancouver middle linebacker was a presence, collecting seven tackles including a sack in the Highlanders’ 7-6 loss to Abby’s visiting Robert Bateman Timberwolves
- RYAN BAKER — Windsor’s quarterback passed for 141 yards and a touchdown and also rushed for 112 yards and four TDs as North Vancouver’s No. 3-ranked Double A Dukes, topped No. 1 Abbotsford 44-27 on the road.
- LOGAN PEPPER — Rushed just four times but went in for a touchdown with each touch, totalling 168 yards on the ground in leading Parksville’s Ballenas Whalers to a 34-9 win over Nanaimo District.
- JACOB GREEN — Didn’t this guy play for the Seattle Seahawks? Green, the senior, totalled 16 tackles as North Vancouver’s Argyle Pipers topped the Langley Saints 34-14.