Welcome back to the place where eye-popping numbers are commonplace.
Varsity Letters presents the top performance of the week in B.C. high school football.
1. RYAN BAKER — In a 41-20 win over its crosstown rivals, the Argyle Pipers, the Windsor Dukes’ quarterback dominated on both sides of the ball. Baker went 13-of-16 for 225 yards and two touchdowns, and also rushed for 104 yards and two scores. On defence, he made five tackles.
2. DEREK BEST — The Lord Tweedsmuir running back was once again a workhorse, his 19 carries yielding 174 yards and touchdowns of two, 40 and 12 yards in a 24-19 loss to St. Thomas More Knights.
3. KEELAN WHITE — The Handsworth Royals star totalled 359 all-purpose yards in his team’s 17-12 road win over the Nanaimo District Islanders. White ran for 117 yards, had 102 yards in receptions and 140 yards in the return game. He also scored both of his team’s touchdowns.
4. RYERSON WALLACE — The West Vancouver linebacker totalled an amazing 20 tackles, four for negative yardage, while adding a sack and a fumble recovery in the Highlanders 30-18 win in Kelowna over the Rutland VooDoos.
5. SAMWEL UKO — The Abbotsford running back carried 15 times for 210 yards and three touchdowns, returned two punts for 95 yards and a score, finishing with 250 all-purpose yards in the Panthers 48-7 win over Pitt Meadows.
6. BLAISE BEAUCHEMIN — The Kelowna Owls running back rushed for 204 yards and four touchdowns in a 52-20 win over Coquitlam’s Centennial Centaurs.
7. TYLER ECKERT — St. Thomas More’s star running back rushed for 140 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-19 win over Surrey’s Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers.
8. SAMMY SIDHU — The running back helped lead No. 1 New Westminster to a 44-27 win over Notre Dame with 14 carries for 80 yards and a touchdown, another touchdown off a 55-yard fumble recovery, and eight tackles.
9. ZAIRECH KREMLER — Dominant on both sides of the ball in a 36-18 loss to the South Delta Sun Devils, Kremler rushed 17 times for 107 yards, made five catches for 47 yards and collected 11 tackles for the Mt. Douglas Rams.
10. NATHAN HAWES — The Fighting Irish running back not only carried 13 times for 130 yards and a touchdown in a 58-25 win over Carson Graham, he also returned an interception 90 yards for a touchdown.
JALEN PHILPOT — The Seaquam Seahawks running back turned 12 carries into 183 yards and two touchdowns as the North Delta squad won 41-27 in Victoria over the Belmont Bulldogs.
JADEN SEVERY — The Terry Fox Ravens star totalled 195 yards and two touchdowns as the PoCo squad won 35-6 in Kelowna against the Mt. Boucherie Bears.
BEN CORBETT — The West Vancouver quarterback threw two TD passes, ran for two others, recorded five tackles including two for a loss of yards, and broke up three passes in the Highlanders’ 30-18 win at Rutland.
ZACHARY MCRAE — In a 58-25 win over Carson Graham, the Vancouver College running back rushed 20 times for 165 yards and two touchdowns.
BYRON RUVALCABA — Hugh Boyd’s quarterback went 9-of-12 for 167 yards and three touchdowns as the Trojans fashioned a 30-20 win over Parksville’s Ballenas Whalers.
If you’re reading this story or viewing these photographs on any other website other than one belonging to a university athletic department, they have been taken without appropriate permission. In these challenging times, true journalism will survive only through your dedicated support and loyalty. VarsityLetters.ca and all of its exclusive content has been created to serve B.C.’s high school and university sports community with hard work, integrity and respect. Feel free to drop us a line any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.