Welcome to the first B.C. senior varsity boys volleyball rankings of the season.
Surrey schools own the top three spots at the highest-tiered Triple A level with the Earl Marriott Mariners tabbed as the team to beat.
Sitting at No. 2 are the defending B.C. champion Semiahmoo Totems, who topped Kelowna in the 2016 final.
The Owls sit at honourable mention status to begin the campaign.
1. Earl Marriott Mariners (Surrey)
2. Semiahmoo Totems (Surrey)
3. Fraser Heights Firehawks (Surrey)
4. Seaquam Seahawks (North Delta)
5. Vernon Panthers
6. Royal Bay Ravens (Victoria)
7. Mt. Baker Wild (Cranbrook)
8. Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna)
9. Delta Pacers
10. Oak Bay Barbers (Victoria)
Honourable mention — Penticton Lakers, Kelowna Owls, Reynolds Roadrunners (Victoria)
At Double A,powerhouse Langley Christian picks up where it left off as the Lightning beat Prince George’s Duchess Park in last December’s B.C. double A final.
The Condors check in at No. 2.
1. Langley Christian Lightning
2. Duchess Park Condors (Prince Goerge)
3. George Elliot Coyotes (Lake Country)
4. College Heights Cougars (Prince George)
5. (tie) Richmond Christian Eagles
5. (tie) MEI Eagles (Abbotsford)
7. Abbotsford Christian Knights
8. D.P. Todd Trojans
9. Langley Fundamental Titans
10. Prince Charles Comets (Creston)
Honourable mention — Pacific Christian Pacers (Victoria), Gulf Islands Scorpions, W.L. Seaton Sonics (Vernon)
If you’re reading this story on any other website other than one belonging to a university athletic department, it has been taken without appropriate permission. In these challenging times, true journalism will survive only through your dedicated support and loyalty. VarsityLetters.ca and all of its exclusive content has been created to serve B.C.’s high school and university sports community with hard work, integrity and respect. Feel free to drop us a line any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.