The numbers this week are mind numbing.
It’s time for Varsity Letters’ Top 10 performances of the week in the world of B.C. high school football.
There are so many this week that we are including honourable mentions as well:
- SAM STEELE — The St. Thomas More linebacker finished with 15 tackles, including five sacks, in a 15-8 win over No. 1 Terry Fox.
- SAMMY SIDHU — The running back carried 15 times for 187 yards and all four of his No. 2-ranked team’s touchdowns in a 28-13 win over No. 4 Seaquam. Doubling at linebacker, he collected eight tackles.
- BILLY MATWICHYNA — South Delta receiver caught touchdown passes of 29, 4, 8 and 28 yards as the No. 3 Sun Devils edged the Vancouver College Fighting Irish 32-28.
- NATHAN HAUSERMANN— W.J. Mouat rushed 26 times for 298 yards and four touchdowns in a 44-14 win over Centennial.
- RYAN BAKER — Windsor’s quarterback threw three TD passes, rushed for one score and had eight tackles in the Double A No. 1 Dukes’ 25-14 win over Hugh Boyd.
- CAMERON MAH — The Notre Dame defence was led by Mah, whose early takeaway/strip and late 50-yard pick six highlighted his team’s 48-0 win over Carson Graham.
- TYLER ECKERT — The St. Thomas More running back carried 19 times for 102 yards and two touchdowns in his No. 5 team’s 15-8 win over No. 1 Terry Fox. Also had five tackles, including two sacks.
- ZEPHYR MELNYK — Nanaimo District’s standout returned a blocked punt 17 yards for a touchdown, had two sacks and also a fumble recovery in a 29-6 win over West Vancouver.
- VON RICHARDSON — G.W. Graham running back carried 17 times for 132 yards and one touchdown in a 19-0 win over Langley.
- ETHAN ANDERSON — Abbotsford quarterback went 6-of-6 for 131 yards and three touchdowns in the Double A No. 3 Panthers’ 49-14 win over Samuel Robertson.
TYSON PHILPOT — Seahawks’ receiver caught seven passes for 137 yards and a touchdowns in a 28-13 loss to New Westminster.
DEVIN O’HEA — The Argyle receiver made 10 catches for 113 yards in the Pipers’ 27-21 win over Holy Cross. O’Hea also finished with 10 tackles and two interceptions, including one returned 30 yards for a touchdown.
SEBASTIAN HANSEN — In a 28-13 win over crosstown rival Belmont, the Mt. Douglas standout returned an interception 98 yards for a score, and also added four tackles.
RYAN RUMSEY — The Clarence Fulton running back carried 11 times for 127 yards and two touchdowns, including one of 70 yards in a 45-7 win over South Kamloops. Rumsey also collected a 65-yard pick six on defence.
DEREK BEST — Lord Tweedsmuir running back carried nine times for 75 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-0 win over Mission.
CHARLES LEMAY — Vernon running back carried 10 times for 156 yards and two touchdowns in his Double A No. 2-ranked team’s 59-0 win over Westsyde.
If you’re reading this story on any other website other than one belonging to a university athletic department, it has been taken without appropriate permission. In these challenging times, true journalism will survive only through your dedicated support and loyalty. VarsityLetters.ca and all of its exclusive content has been created to serve B.C.’s high school and university sports community with hard work, integrity and respect. Feel free to drop us a line any time at email@example.com.