Welcome to the second B.C. senior varsity boys volleyball rankings of the season.
The long season will always provide correction and recalibration, but for this week, the Triple A rankings have gone topsy-turvy with two top-five teams falling to honourable mention status and another dropping out of the rankings all together.
Surrey’s Earl Marriott Mariners maintain their No. 1 slot, while North Delta’s Seaquam Seahawks, the top-finishing B.C. team at the UBC Invitational (second to Edmonton’s Harry Ainlay Titans) move into No. 2.
1. Earl Marriott Mariners (Surrey) (LW-1)
2. Seaquam Seahawks (North Delta) (4)
3. Kelowna Owls (HM)
4. Oak Bay Barbers (Victoria) (10)
5. Mt. Baker Wild (Cranbrook) (7)
6. Van Tech Talismen (Vancouver) (NR)
7. Mt. Boucherie Bears (Kelowna) (8)
8. David Thompson Trojans (Vancouver) (NR)
9. Royal Bay Ravens (Victoria) (6)
10. Reynolds Roadrunners (Victoria) (HM)
11. Penticton Lakers (HM)
12. Delta Pacers (9)
13. Centennial Centaurs (Coquitlam) (NR)
14. Okanagan Mission Huskies (Kelowna) (NR)
15. Killarney Cougars (Vancouver) (NR)
Honourable mention — Semiahmoo Totems (Surrey) (2), Elgin Park Orcas (Surrey) (NR), Fraser Heights Firehawks (Surrey) (3)
Dropped out — Vernon Panthers (5)
There is some jockeying at the top end of the Double A rankings this week, as Prince George’s Duchess Park Condors move past No. 1 Langley Christian, a wire-to-wire powerhouse all of last season.
As well, D.P. Todd and Langley Fundamental drop out of the top 10, Prince Charles and W.L. Seaton come in, and Richmond’s J.N. Burnett makes a first appearance this season in honourable mention.
1. Duchess Park Condors (Prince George) (LW-2)
2. Langley Christian Lightning (1)
3. Richmond Christian Eagles (5-tie)
4. George Elliot Coyotes (Lake Country) (3)
5. College Heights Cougars (Prince George) (4)
6. MEI Eagles (Abbotsford) (5-tie)
7. Abbotsford Christian Knights (7)
8. Prince Charles Comets (Creston) (10)
9. Pacific Christian Pacers (Victoria) (HM)
10. W.L. Seaton Sonics (Vernon) (HM)
Honourable mention — Gulf Islands Scorpions (HM), J.N. Burnett Breakers (Richmond) (NR)
Dropped out — D.P. Todd Trojans (Prince George) (8), Langley Fundamental Titans (9)
If you’re reading this story or viewing these photographs on any other website other than one belonging to a university athletic department, they have been taken without appropriate permission. In these challenging times, true journalism will survive only through your dedicated support and loyalty. VarsityLetters.ca and all of its exclusive content has been created to serve B.C.’s high school and university sports community with hard work, integrity and respect. Feel free to drop us a line any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.