Varsity Letters begins its weekly Top 10 Performances of the Week in BC High School Football today!
Uniquely, it comes in the aftermath of South Delta’s 85-70 loss Friday in Bellingham to Squalicum High.
That means there can’t help but be a distinct Sun Devils flavour to our initial proceedings.
- Michael Calvert (South Delta) — In what may well be the greatest single-game performance in B.C. high school history, the senior pivot went 41-of-53 for 654 yards and seven touchdowns in an 85-70 loss Friday at Squalicum (Wash.). Calvert was intercepted once and rushed seven times for 70 yards.
- Charley McMillan (Carson Graham) — Went 20-of-36 for 269 yards and five touchdowns, also rushed for one score in a 49-25 win over W.J. Mouat.
- Ben McDonald (South Delta) — Seven catches for 242 yards and two touchdowns, a 100-yard TD off a kick-off return and 10 tackles in an 85-70 loss Friday at Squalicum (Wash.).
- Charles Lemay (Vernon) — Rushed for 115 yards and three touchdowns (17, 25, 12 yards), also made 67 yards in receptions in a 42-7 win over Robert Bateman. On defence, he made 10 tackles and scored a TD off his own forced fumble.
- Tyson Philpot (Seaquam) — Caught a pair of touchdown passes and returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown in a 46-28 win Saturday at Sehome (Wash.).
- Billy Matwichyna (South Delta) — Eight catches for 196 yards and three touchdowns in an 85-70 loss Friday at Squalicum (Wash.).
- Thomas Hyett (Vernon) — The QB went 19-of-24 for 288 yards and two TDs (30, 25) in a 47-7 win over Robert Bateman.
- Andrew Kraft (South Delta) — Eight catches for 142 yards and one touchdown, also rushed for two touchdowns in an 85-70 loss Friday at Squalicum (Wash.).
- Braeden Hutchinson (Lord Tweedsmuir) — The running back carried just seven times but gained 108 yards, scoring touchdowns on runs of 22, 15 and 45 yards in a 47-28 win at Lakewood (Wash.). He also made five tackles on defence.
- Sebastien Reid (New Westminster) — Made TD catches of 15 and 65 yards, then added a 78-yard touchdown off a punt return in a 42-14 win over Mission.